Damien O’Brien interview with Scott McGlynn

Damien O’Brien is well known magician to the stars and TV from Alexandra Burke to Kesha, He’s travelled worldwide to show his amazing talent, I caught up with Damien for a Q&A enjoy…

unnamed (7)
Scott – We seen you on “BBC 3 Killer Magic” what was it like? Did you enjoy the experience?
Damien – Killer Magic was a lot of fun to film , it gave us all a chance to show off our talents and to also reach a new audience , I personally loved the experience as I got to work with 4 amazing magicians incredible directors and producers plus I got to try out big illusions and tricks I have always wanted to do what was fun.
Scott – Your well known for your tricks with celebrities who has been your favourite and why?
Damien –  I would have to say Nelly has still been my favourite just because of his reactions he was so chilled out and just loved every second of it , but Alexandra Burke is a close second for me as she goes cray when you pull off a trick to her , see for me its not always about who I’m performing to its more about getting that great reaction
Scott – Out of everything you do from magician to hypnotist which is your number 1 trick is your personal favourite? 
Damien – Hmmmm that’s a tough question as I have so many , but I think my favourite trick was from Killer Magic doing the card in the fish as it was so random and the guys just went absolutely crazy when the found their signed card in the fish , its reactions like that what makes magic so much fun for me.
Scott – Has there ever been a time something went wrong? If yes explain what happened.
Damien – Yeah sometimes things ain’t gone right and I have to fix it like I might get the wrong card and then I just have to make it lookalike I did that on purpose and recover you would never know I did something wrong as a good magician can recover.
Scott –  Have you got any plans doing a UK tour visiting city’s?
Damien  – I don’t have plans for a UK tour as I’m not really a stage magician so all my work is private booked but who knows maybe one day ill decide to create a stage show.
Scott – I recently brought out my book called “OUT” dealing with sexuality and bulling in school, If you have something to people getting bullied in school or workplaces what would it be?
Damien – It would be don’t be afraid to talk to people and let others help sometimes we are to proud to admit these things and to admit we need help , so my advise is you should never have to be bullied by anyone so never be afraid to ask people for help.
Scott – Is their anyone you like to meet to do tricks on that you haven’t already? 
Damien – I always wanted to do magic to Eminem I grew up listening to his music the man is a genius so that would 100% be my first choice.
Scott – Now with BGT back on our TV screen, any magicians you enjoyed watching?
Damien – I think there has only been one magician i haven’t  watched to much of BGT I never do , but the one I saw he seemed OK hopefully we will see some more magicians.
Scott – What advice would you give young magician’s starting out?
Damien – PRACTICE !!! and perform as much as possible as it will help so much I know so many magicians who are skilled but can’t perform , the performance is everything I say its a good 80% and the other 20% is pulling of the trick so practice and perform as much as you can.
Scott – *This is a request question from your fans* Do you have snapchat?
 I have snapchat a lot of time its me posting up food and photos after the gym my add is the same as my Twitter , Facebook and Instagram DamienMagician , if you want to watch my tricks in action then subscribe to my YouTube channel www.YouTube.com/DamienMagician
unnamed (8)
Damien Social Sites
All images used in this interview I don’t own. Supplied by Damien
Advertisements